It’s basically Reebok Nano X week here at WODDITY, so we continue with more deep diving into the new and soon-to-be-legendary CrossFit shoe. After that, we talk some awesome recipes from CrossFit and I dismiss class without any additional homework.
Good morning and welcome to the WODDITY podcast for news about CrossFit. We are a daily podcast, Monday through Friday, doing CrossFit news in five minutes or less.
My name is Ben Garves and today is Thursday, the 16th of April, 2020.
Reebok Nano X First Look
Tommy Marquez and Niki Brazier joined Reebok Senior Product Manager Tal Short and Morning Chalk Up’s Justin LoFranco for a digital unboxing of the new Reebok Nano X. Brazier unboxed a white shoe with red and blue accents, while Marquez unboxed a black shoe with the same accent colors.
Here are some key takeaways from that video.
- The Nano X has the same bottom as the Nano 9, because it was so loved by fans.
- Reebok didn’t want to depart from what people loved most about the Nano 9, so they used it as the baseline and amplified it.
- Tal shared a cool anecdote that the Nano 9 had the Reebok delta logo until about 6 months before launch, when they switched the logo to the classic Reebok vector.
- This is an updated flexweave technology which is now flexible, but only stretches two directions to keep some structure.
- The two colors we’ve seen in leaks (the black and the white) are not the only two launch colors.
- In customer satisfaction surveys run by Reebok, the Nano 9 outperformed any other Reebok shoe in history by 15 points.
- Justin LoFranco alludes to a shoe Tal was wearing during a visit to Reebok’s Boston headquarters that wasn’t the Reebok Nano X. Could this be the Froning 2 (or RF2)? Or, given Reebok’s 18-month development process they could already be working on the Reebok Nano 11. Something to think about.
Short also took some questions on Instagram, which had some interesting takeaways:
- He looks at this shoe as the ultimate combination of the Nano 4 and the Nano 6, which equals ten.
- The May 5th (or 5/5) release date was chosen because it equals ten.
- And, to any concerns that the shoe is coming out earlier than usual, he says, “We looked at different scenarios but decided this might spark some excitement in a time that really needs it.”
I’ve had a to-do item on my list for months to talk about these amazing recipes CrossFit has been featuring on their site for over a year now. Every couple of days, CrossFit releases a simple, healthy recipe along with their daily workouts. These are things like soy and ginger pork stir fry, sriracha chicken thighs with broccolini, or yellow chicken curry.
Have you had chicken? It’s great. Have you had curry? It’s great, too. I’m putting links to all of these recipes in my show notes and at WODDITY.com, by the way.
Each recipe comes with a super classy video with gorgeous colors and professional quality. It just makes you hungry. Especially when they roll out something like pepper-crusted steak with grilled vegetables, pork and green chili stew, smokey paprika pork kebabs with lemon herb sauce, or hot wings with salsa.
I mean, you’ve probably had wings. Maybe even hot wings. And you’ve probably had salsa. I really should have eaten breakfast before recording this.
These recipes have no greater time to sine than now, when we’re all stuck at home and fending for ourselves. I’ve always fancied myself quite the chef, but somehow managed to give myself food poisoning this week. Or I just refuse to blame my neighborhood chinese food delivery.
Five more recipes and I’ll let you go home early.
- Beef and vegetable kebabs
- Sesame chicken broccolini stir fry
- Almond-crusted salmon, grilled leeks, and dill
- Chicken coconut curry soup
- Shrimp and bacon skewers
That’s it for news about CrossFit for Thursday, April 16th. Thanks for listening. Please be sure to rate, review, subscribe, and share. For WODDITY, I’m Ben Garves. Behave yourselves out there.